Wednesday 13 April 2011

BLITEOTW - June 13th

Back in 2007 the blog My Elves Are Different launched 'Blog Like It's The End Of The World', a day on which anyone interested with a blog posted like a zombie apocalypse was happening around them. In 2008 the website Blue Moon Rising took over. I was kinda hoping the premise would be different but it seems everyone just loves zombies. I missed 2009 because I am quite daft and completely forgot, but remembered in time for 2010, by which time facebook had taken over and seemed the best place to run from. Facebook remains strong and the group for this year's event - taking place as always on June 13th - can be found here.

To make it look like I update this site regularly, and so I don't lose them, I'm going to copy over my '07, '08 and '10 entries from my livejournal, where they were originally posted. And while I've got you reading my stuff, check out a piece of flash fiction I wrote for 365tomorrows.

1 comment:

  1. I had also hoped that 2008 would've involved a different kind of gristly end for the world, but all of the people who missed out on 2007 wanted to get in on the zombie game... so on for 2008, 2009, 2010 and so on.

    Zombie plague seems to be the least common denominator of global destruction.

    I really got annoyed with the zombie threepeat in 2009, but I think I'm mostly over that now.

    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete